March 02, 2018

The Big Bang Theory: The Neonatal Nomenclature (11x16)

This is an odd thing to say about this show after eleven seasons, but this episode just felt so painfully... hetero.

Cons:

So, like, I get it. A bunch of straights sit around and talk about how they're all going to have babies one day. I wish there was a relationship on TV that had a loving couple who were not interested in ever having children. I like the Bernadette and Howard family stuff a lot - in fact, it's probably my favorite part of this stupid show. But why is it just a given that Sheldon and Amy will have kids, and Penny and Leonard? Why not show different ways that relationships can play out?

Bernie really wants to name her son "Michael," after her father, but Howard doesn't necessarily like that idea. I wish we'd had some sense as to why. Why does Bernie want to name the kid after her dad so badly? It would make more sense if her father weren't around anymore. I don't know... is it just me, or was it kind of weird how much she loved that idea, especially when Howard was against it?

Pros:

But, like I said, the Howard/Bernadette family story is my favorite thing left in this show, and I'm excited to welcome little baby Neil Michael Wolowitz. Bernadette being on bed rest for much of the season has added some surprisingly fun moments, and this episode was the culmination of that, as each of her friends comes over at various points to try and keep her company as she waits to go into labor. Sheldon is the most obnoxious, setting up a game that takes weeks to play, based on the North African campaigns from World War Two. It's endearing in a weird way to see all of Bernie's friends gather to her side at this important time.

I honestly don't have anything else to say. This show doesn't exactly inspire chattiness.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really appreciate hearing what you think!