March 18, 2013

The Big Bang Theory: The Closet Reconfiguration (6x19)

This will be a rather brief review, because I'm falling a bit behind with these reviews. I'm rather neutral about this episode. I didn't have any real problems with it, but none of it was excellent.

I like the idea of a plot line concerning Howard's father. However, the efforts of this show to focus on a more serious topic fall a bit flat. It wasn't terrible or anything, but the acting chops of these comedic actors did not quite hold up to the task. I did like the payoff at the end - all of the different possibilities of what the card said were funny, especially Raj's mention of the Far Side card. I wanted  more from this plot, however. It could have been interesting to see some real anger from Howard about what his friends and wife had done. Oh well.

There was some decently funny moments in the episode, most centered around Sheldon cleaning the closet. I always love it when Sheldon is cast as a child and Leonard as his parent. Sometimes this show can over-play that dynamic, but this week it worked pretty well. I love how indulgent Leonard is, and how the rest of the characters all work with Sheldon's idiosyncrasies, even using them to their advantage when they can.
 
Penny's part was small but pretty funny this week. I love when she sarcastically pretends she knows what Sheldon is talking about. Her refusal to hold a fancy cos-play party was funny, and I liked the tag to the episode when she tried to stop Sheldon from showing everyone her vibrator. Pretty funny stuff.

There was nothing astounding about this episode, but nothing horrible about it either. That often seems to be the case with this show. 

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really appreciate hearing what you think!