April 10, 2014

The Big Bang Theory: The Indecision Amalgamation (7x19)

A pretty mediocre one, if you ask me. Let's go through each of the plots, but this one is actually going to be quite short. I mean it.

The title comes from Sheldon's indecision about whether to get a PS 4 or a Xbox One. Sheldon won't shut up about it, and when he and Amy go to the store, he still can't make up his mind. This thread was one of the ones that just made me... shrug. I thought Amy was being rude when she was pretending to care about the decision. If it's important to Sheldon, she should be better at understanding that. Also, I thought their kiss was super weird. It seems like it's entirely an obligation on Sheldon's part, and therefore almost feels like coercion. I'm not really comfortable with that.

Raj runs into Emily, the girl from the dating website, and she agrees to give him another chance. Lucy emails him and wants to meet up. Raj isn't sure what to do. His friends tell him to date both girls, but when Raj is out with Emily, he feels so guilty about Lucy that he tells her everything. Emily thinks it's adorable that Raj felt guilty. It seems like this girl might really like Raj! I do like seeing Laura Spencer as Emily, since I'm a fan of hers from The Lizzie Bennett Diaries. But really, nothing about this plot made me want to pay attention, either. Why did Lucy suddenly come up again? It was totally pointless! We never even saw her! I never feel bad for Raj in these awkward dating situations. I actually think he's quite a jerk to girls.

Bernadette makes a mistake by signing a card for a co-worker, thinking the card was for retirement and not for a serious accident. Bernadette is relieved that the woman goes into a coma before she can read the card. This was really the only plot thread of the night that made me chuckle. Too bad it was just a footnote. It almost seemed like it was added just to pad the episode slightly. We should have more Bernadette-focused plots.

Lastly, Penny is struggling to find work. She gets offered the part in the crappy gorilla movie again, but doesn't know if she should take it. Leonard and Penny go to talk to Wil Wheaton, who ends up just freaking Penny out as he discusses how tough being an actor is. Penny eventually decides to take the bad gorilla job, only to find out that Wil is working in the movie, too! See, this one just annoyed me. Wil Wheaton is pretty awesome, and I think it's a bit of a stale joke to talk about how his career plummeted after TNG. He's gone on to do some great stuff. Also, I feel like we're just reverting. Penny is taking the crappy job. Haven't we already done this?

I did promise this would be a brief one! I'm done.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really appreciate hearing what you think!