April 17, 2013

The Office: Stairmageddon (9x19)

This episode was okay. Nothing special, and I didn't love it as much as the last one, but it did have some good things about it.

I'll start with the plot threads that I didn't enjoy:

Andy. Oh, Andy. I really like him normally, but the past few episodes have been a bit bland. His obsession over the youtube comments was amusing for a bit, but it simply wasn't enough to carry over two episodes.

Dwight and Clark trying to get Stanley to a sales pitch. Okay... I enjoyed the premise here, with Stairmageddon, and it provided for a hilarious line at the start of the episode. Oscar says: "When something as routine as elevator maintenance happens, and people are forced to exert cardiovascular effort, we have to compare it to the end of time." That cracked me up! But... the rest of this portion of the episode was really lame. Stanley being dead weight the whole time because of tranquilizers? The humor was a little juvenile for my taste. There were some funny moments like Dwight using animal vernacular like "hindquarters" and "shank" and Clark's discomfort with this, but other than that it was too silly.

Once again the highlight of this week's episode was the plot involving Oscar and Angela. Those two are on a roll lately! It broke my heart a little bit that the Senator effectively ended his relationships with Angela and with Oscar on television like that. Poor Oscar looked heartbroken!

There were some really funny moments because of this - I loved Kevin's excited exclamations about how he kept the secret. I also loved one of the reporters saying "question for the senator's beard?"

And then there was the Jim and Pam plot this week. They are making me very nervous with this marriage counseling and divorce talk. It was funny to see Jim and Pam turn to Toby and Nellie respectively, but the whole thing is just so scary! I  hope that Jim and Pam are okay by the end of all of this!

So... on the whole a substandard episode, but there were some good things about it.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really appreciate hearing what you think!