August 10, 2017

Suits: Brooklyn Housing (7x05)

There are so many things that I'm feeling frustrated about, but I'm still sort of enjoying the ride. Let's take a look, and I apologize in advance for my brevity.

Cons:

Mike is being an idiot in continuing to work on this case. It's going to break Harvey's heart when he finds out, and there's really not a good reason for it. Oliver and Mike should have come clean to Nathan earlier, and then Nathan could have devoted other resources to it. Rachel is completely in the right on this one. And bringing Frank back felt a little cheap. He just doesn't seem nearly as threatening as he used to. Does Mike have any PTSD associated with this guy trying to kill him? I don't know, it doesn't really seem to bug him at all. Pretty annoying.

I liked Donna standing up for herself and taking a firmer role in the firm, but I will admit I was a bit confused by the whole Holly subplot... what was the point there? I don't dislike her or anything, but I was sort of like... Holly who?

Pros:

Harvey and Paula are actually a cute couple, and I like the fact that Harvey went to Louis for help with her legal troubles. I'm not sure how Harvey found out about Paula's ex, but I'm assuming that Louis didn't just break privilege, so... in any case, Harvey and Paula came out of the experience stronger than ever, and I'm actually really rooting for them as a couple. I didn't think I'd be saying that, but here we are.

And speaking of relationships between therapists and patients, we get to see Louis patch things up with his therapist in this episode as well. At first, Louis was sympathizing with Paula's ex, who had done horrible things, all because he had done them in the name of being with her again. But after some time, Louis realizes that he's projecting again, and he gets on board with the reality of the situation. He ends up doing a great job for Paula, and he comes to some realizations of his own along the way. His therapist actually says he's proud of him! I've been a big complainer about Louis' back-and-forth throughout the show, but I gotta say... this is actually kind of compelling. Seeing him acknowledge his problems and work towards better self-awareness shows that at the very least, the character and the show both are aware of Louis' problem.

Like I said, it was nice seeing Donna stand up for herself, and I like the fact that even though she ended up being wrong about Holly, she stood her ground and didn't regret pushing for the truth. She knows people, and she's assertive, and she doesn't want to be a pushover to anybody ever again. I felt like this was the episode where we finally saw Harvey treat her with respect, which was another nice bonus to the whole thing.

I said I'd be brief, and I actually was. I'm pissed off with Mike, making this the billionth time I've flip-flopped over the past few seasons between being angry with either Mike or Harvey. So that's frustrating. I hope we see Rachel continue to put her foot down, and maybe let Harvey in on the truth of what's going on? We shall see...

7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really appreciate hearing what you think!