July 14, 2014

The Legend of Korra: In Harm's Way (3x04)

I've decided to blog all these double episodes separately, even though they're airing them together, because they really are separate stories. As such, since there are two every week, I promise to keep them brief.

So. Lin arrives in Ba Sing Se to warn Korra about Zaheer and his accomplices, but Korra refuses to go back to Republic City. She wants to stay and keep finding more Air Benders. Lin has to stay to help protect Korra. Bolin and Mako show up to tell Korra that the Earth Queen is capturing Air Benders. Korra and the gang make a plan to free Kai and the others. Jinora goes into her disembodied spirit state and finds Kai, with whom Jinora shares a special connection. With Jinora's information about the Air Benders' location, Korra and the others are able to free them all.

Tenzin offers to take the Air Benders to the Air Temple and teach them about the Air Bending culture. They all accept. Tenzin goes with them, along with Jinora and Kai, to start the training. Korra, Bolin, Mako, and Lin all stay to continue searching for Air Benders.

Zaheer and his friends manage to free P'Li from her prison. They are able to break her out, even with multiple guards, Desna and Eska, Tonraq, Zuko, and a dragon all trying to stop them.

Bad things?

Uhhhh... I do think the whole rescue operation was a bit rushed. They really could have made the liberation of the Air Benders a bigger moment, if they wanted to. This might have been a good double episode concept. It was just a little too easy to free them all, if I'm being picky.

But mostly, I only have good things to say!

I love that Korra has now been kicked out of both Republic City and Ba Sing Se. She's made some powerful enemies recently, which I think is really interesting. It will certainly have consequences...

This Jinora/Kai thing was maybe a bit rushed, but it feels very genuine, and it's very adorable. I loved it when Jinora was in danger from one of the trainers of the Air Benders, and Kai protects her. Very cute.

Tenzin and Korra had a very sweet conversation as they parted ways. I love their relationship, now that they're actually showing each other proper respect.

Lin is here! And it looks like the next episode is pretty Lin-centric. I love her, and I'm excited to see more.

The Bending at the Northern Water Tribe was awesome. So bad ass. Zuko! The twins! Tonraq! P'Li! Zaheer! So much awesomeness. You know what I want now, though? Zuko and Katara. Give it to meeee.

I kept it brief, as promised. I loved it.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really appreciate hearing what you think!